Gorgeous soft, light and warm mohair knee rugs
It is extremely light but amazingly warm
Naturally flame retardant
Size: 130 x 180 cm
55% Mohair, 34% Merino Wool, 11% Nylon
Here at The Wool Company we constantly strive to deliver a cross-section of products while never compromising on quality. These gorgeous soft, light, warm Mohair Throws offer superb quality while remaining affordable for all, and they don't shed all over the place. These products contain a little less mohair than our other mohair throws, and this is how we arrive at the price differential. Mohair comes from the Angora goat and its fleece is shorn twice a year. It is known as noble fibre, as it has remarkable natural qualities and is a rare and valuable fibre that is in high demand... and yet less is produced worldwide than cashmere!
Benefits of mohair as a natural fibre:
- A hollow fibre that warms almost instantly when placed against the skin, and is breathable
- Extremely light - but amazingly warm
- Naturally shirks dirt, as it is a smooth fibre (like our own hair) and resists odours
- 100% biodegradable and ecologically sound, as the Angora goats which create mohair are gentle on the land and don't cause erosion
- Creates employment for South Africans in rural areas, where it is needed most
- Naturally flame-retardant
They are ethically woven in South Africa.
Size: 130 x 180 cm
55% Mohair, 34% Merino Wool, 11% Nylon. You cannot feel the nylon: it is used as a structure for the merino and mohair yarn to be woven into.
These products are Dry Clean Only, but we have hand-washed many of our mohair throws and blankets in tests, and they wash well, if washed with care, in cool water using a wool-approved detergent. DO NOT SPIN DRY or TUMBLE DRY.
Wool Company Classic Mohair Throw Natural | 130 x 180 cm Throw | Extremely Light & Amazingly Warm … - B00J1OZ4T8